Friday, March 20, 2009

I Can Be An Author

It was my annual Gig Day at PQ Elementary School again today! The song this year is entitled "I Can Be An Author" and the inspiration for it was a Unit in Julie's 3rd Grade class devoted to learning how to structure and tell a story.

Her teachers Mrs. Grossman and Ms. Uslianer worked with the students on creating a "beginning, middle and end" to each story, being mindful of "punctuation" and "word choice", and practicing "dialog" and "fluency".

A few weekds ago the students had a chance to present their story to all the parents and I was amazed at how well they all did. So I decided to make that subject of my song this year and wrapped it all up into a little song and presented it today. Best part was Ms. Uslianer cried!

Here is the fully mixed MP3 with background tracks....

No comments: