Tuesday, April 29, 2008

More Signs of Spring

It's a cold and still-rainy day, so the tulips are closed up tight. But I like them that way, and they are so cheerful in the grey mist. They stopped even AJ in his tracks, "Mommy these are BEAUTIFUL. I like these. These are pretty flowers."



These pink ones are my favorites. Behind them in diagonal rows you can see my carrots coming up, yay! Every year I sow them and think they are never coming up, and then they do....


The avenue. Don't laugh, but in the background you can see AJ's old changing table. I've been storing pots on the shelves and potting seedlings on the top. Reduce, reuse, recycle!


Not as pretty as tulips, but my salad greens and peas are doing quite well. Time to do some thinning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are putting our garden to shame! Well, that's to be expected since I have a black thumb and the only thing I ever kept alive was a fir tree which I bought as a seedling when I was pregnant with Brenna. Somehow this tree represents her to me. I always remember to water it, etc. and now it's huge enough to be a xmas tree, fourteen-years-old and branches reaching for the ceiling. I once took care of my friend's plants for him in college when he was away for a week. I killed them all, even the cactus, except for this one plant which had these amazing, shiny leaves. I held it up proudly to him when he returned, trying to save face, offer him some hope, but he promptly informed me that it was plastic. I do think, though, that if I set my mind to it I could grow something. Who knows, your photos are inspiring me, maybe I'll put some seeds in with Brenna and see what happens? Maybe her green thumb will rub off on me?