Monday, April 23, 2007

Earth Day Project



What better way to celebrate Earth Day than to undertake a massive expandion of the veggie garden? We started at 12pm Saturday, clearing a large area where we had cut back the overgrown burning bush last weekend. I made a run to Home Deport the night before for all the supplies and bu 6pm Sat we had 7 new beds down, ranging in size from 3x5 ft to 4x8 ft.



Sunday we finished off the fencing and added chips and planted a few strawberries and blueberry bushes. I'm hoping to get a nice looking arbor as a entry way on the new left side. All in all I figure we more than double our usable area and we should have quite the haul of veggies this summer.

Who knows? Maybe we'll open a road-side farmers market this fall?

JPL

1 comment:

Mieke said...

I don't have the focus to do anything this impressive. I turned the soil in the back yard and threw some seeds haphazardly around am just hoping for the best. I have a BLACK thumb.